MHA: Standard Maintenance Charges
Updated Monroe Housing Authority Maintenance Charges Effective July 1, 2023, for Serenity Place-Willow Oaks-Grace Gardens Communities.
For all maintenance work orders during regular business hours Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, please call 704.289.2514, ext. 21. If you are directed to the voicemail please leave your name, unit, address, telephone number, and a description of your maintenance issue and your request will be processed. Property managers and maintenance staff cannot take work orders.
All non-emergency work orders are processed in the order that they are received. Allow 3 business days for maintenance to assess your work order.
After-Hour Maintenance work orders only apply for emergency maintenance (see guideline below). For emergency maintenance work orders between the hours of 6:00 PM and 7:00 AM, Monday through Thursday, and anytime the Administrative/Management offices are closed, please call the emergency maintenance line at 1.888.505.6552.
Emergency Maintenance Guideline:
The following issues qualify as after-hour maintenance work:
- Gas leaks, either inside or outside of the unit (smell or sound)
- Broken water/sewer pipes, either inside or outside of the unit
- Leaking water heaters
- Electrical shortages (if smoke is visible)
- Refrigerator/freezer not keeping food cold and management will not reopen within 24hrs.
- Heating failures between October 15th - April 15th and temperature is less than 50 degrees outside.
- Lockouts for elderly/disabled only (must have photo identification)
- Clogged commode, if only one commode in the unit and management will not reopen within 24hrs.
- Broken-out window glass/doors (police report must be filed)
- Fire/smoke detector going off (beeping/low battery is not an emergency)
- Collapsing wall/ceiling
- Severe storm damage
Please note: a $100.00 nuisance charge will be assessed for non-emergency calls responded to as an emergency.
Monroe Housing Authority (MHA) reserves the right to determine whether necessary repairs are due to normal wear and tear or due to damage and negligence by the tenant. Charges for repairs due to damage and negligence by the tenant will be based on actual material costs and hourly labor to make the repair.
This is not an exhaustive list. Any materials or charges not listed below will be charged based on the present cost at the time the item/service is solicited. All charges will be due in full no later than 30 days after the charge is posted to the resident's account.
- Driving/parking on the grass - 1st offense - $50.00.
- Indoor items stored on porch - 1st offense - $25.00.
- Tampering/removing smoke alarm - 1st offense - $100.00.
- Trash in yard - 1st offense - Warning and 24 hours to correct.
- Trash not picked up - 2nd offense - $25.00.
- 3rd and multiple offense - $25.00
- Washing vehicle - 1st offense - $30.00
- 2nd Offense - Termination
- Blocked egress - 1st offense
- Warning 2nd offense - $50.00
- 3rd offense - Termination
- City Trash Violation/Replace Can - $Cost.
- Fire Damage - $Cost
- Labor (Per Hour) * - Charged In 15-Minute Increments of $20.00.
- Loaner Fans/AC Units/Heaters Not Returned - $Cost.
- Nuisance Non-Emergency Call - $100.00
- Trash Out - $170.00 Load
- Unlocking Doors During Business Hours * - $25.00
- Additional Key - $4.00
- Lock Change Due to Keys Being Lost/Stolen or Not All Returned - $75.00
- Mailbox Lock Change - $15.00
** Dumpsters are provided for you to properly dispose of household waste. Children under 5 ft. Tall should not be tasked with placing trash in the dumpster. All units assigned to a dumpster will be charged for improper use of dumpsters and bulk items on the ground around the dumpster. All units assigned to a dumpster will be charged with damage to the dumpster unless the responsible party is identified.
- Bath Sink - $100.00
- Bath Sink Faucet - $91.45
- Bath Sink Stopper - $.44
- Medicine Cabinet - $Cost
- Medicine Cabinet Shelf - $Cost
- Shower Curtain Rod - $10.00
- Shower Head - $Cost
- Shower/Tub Grab Bar - $25.00
- Towel Bar - $10.00
- Toilet Paper Brackets - $5.00
- Toilet Paper Roller - $.75
- Toilet Regular Or Handicap - $250.00
- Toilet Seat Regular or Handicap - $30.00
- Toilet Tank Lever - $1.24
- Toilet Tank Only - $75.00
- Tub Faucet W/ Handle - $125.00
- Tub Spout Diverter Chrome - $12.05
- Tub Stopper - $.56
- Unstop Sink/Rod Out - $50.00
- Unstop Toilet/Rod Out - $50.00
- Bake/Broil Element - $Cost
- Breaker Strip - $10.00
- Clean Range - $75.00
- Clean Refrigerator - $75.00
- Door Handle - $30.00
- Drip Pan Large 8" - $5.00
- Drip Pan Small 6" - $3.50
- Kitchen Faucet W/ Sprayer - $110.00
- Kitchen Sink Stopper - $.75
- Oven Rack - $Cost
- Range Hood - $Cost
- Shelf - $35.00
- Sink Basket Strainer - $5.00
- Refrigerator - Cost Plus Labor
- Stove Gas 30" - Cost Plus Labor
- Stove Electric 20" - Cost Plus Labor
- Stove Electric 30" - Cost Plus Labor
- Stove Knob - $Cost
- Unstop Kitchen Sink/Rod Out - $50.00
- Vegetable Drawer - $Cost Plus Labor
- Glass/Pane - $125.00
- Window Lock - $1.65
- Window Screen Repair (Any Size) - $20.00
- Window Blind (Any Size) - $37.00
- Doorknob - $Cost
- Exterior Door - $Cost
- Interior Bathroom Door - $Cost
- Interior Bedroom Door - $Cost
- Interior Closet Door - $Cost
- Screen Door - $378.25
- Screen Door Closure - $8.59
- Screen Door Latch - $9.55
- Baseboard (Per Foot) - $3.50
- Cabinet Hinges - $.72
- Ceiling Tile - $1.25
- Closet Rod - $7.50
- Countertop Replacement (Per Linear Foot) - $25.00
- Floor Tile (Each) - $Cost
- Holes In Wall (Per Hole) - $75.00
- Stair Treads - $25.00
- Stairwell Riser - $10.55
- Bathroom/Bedroom/Hall/Kitchen Fixture - $35.00
- Cable/Telephone Plate - $2.68
- GFCI - $11.95
- Inside Globe - $10.00
- Light Bulb *** - $7.00
- Porch Globe - $Cost
- Receptacle - $1.00
- Receptacle Plate - $1.00
- Thermostat - $Cost
- Water Heater - Electric - $Cost
- Water Heater - Gas - $Cost
*Labor charges are $20 per hour and are charged in 15-minute increments.
**To unlock doors during business hours, tenants must have photo identification. Unlocking doors after business hours are for elderly/disabled residents only.
*** This charge does not apply to elderly & disabled residents.