The Maintenance Department provides 24-hour support.
To report a work order request, please call 704.289.2514 ext. 21
After hours - Emergency on-call support: 1.888.505.6552
Emergencies arise when residents and/or HA staff are faced with a health or life-threatening situation, or there is a condition that might result in serious structural or system damage if not corrected immediately. Some emergency situation examples would include and qualify as after hours maintenance work:
- Gas leaks, either inside or outside of the unit (smell or sound)
- Broken/leaking water/sewer pipes, either inside or outside of the unit
- Electrical shortages (if smoke is visible)
- The refrigerator/freezer not cooling, and the office will not reopen within 24hrs.
- Heating failures between October 15th - April 15th, and temperature is less than 50 degrees outside.
- Lockouts for elderly/disabled only (Must have photo identification)
- Clogged commode, if only one commode in the unit and the office will not reopen within 24hrs.
- Broken-out window glass/doors (police report must be filed)
- Fire- Call 911
- Smoke Detector going off (Beeping/Low Battery is not an emergency)
- Collapsing Wall/Ceiling
- Severe storm damage
* Please Note: A $100.00 nuisance charge will be assessed for non-emergency calls responded to as an emergency.
Emergencies will fall into one of two categories; 1) those happening during the regular workday or 2) those that occur after hours or on weekends.
Emergencies during the regular workday – Emergencies occurring during regular business hours will be immediately referred to the Supervisor. A work order with an emergency classification will be generated. In the event that maintenance cannot abate the emergency, a contractor’s service may be solicited. The emergency will be corrected or abated in 24 hours or less.
Emergencies after hours – The maintenance staff on-call will correct emergencies that occur after hours. In the event the problem cannot be abated in-house, the Maintenance Supervisor will call an outside contractor to ensure corrective action in 24 hours or less. The emergency will be corrected or abated in 24 hours or less.