Landscape and Lawn Care Bids
Bids are to be submitted by contractors for landscape and lawn care services for Monroe Housing Authority and CARE West Ridge LLC. The contract period is from May 1, 2023, through January 31, 2024.
Scope of work will include:
Weeding around signage at entrances, administrative offices, and common areas, guarding signage from clippings, and pruning shrubbery and trees.
All grass is to be cut by the contractor. Trash is to be picked up prior to mowing, and weed-eating around curbs, sidewalks, gutters, trees, shrubs, dumpsters, fencing, signs, and all buildings. Clean all weeds and debris from flower beds and signs. Edge all sidewalks, flower beds, and curbing. Guard flower beds to prevent grass clippings from blowing into beds. Blow off all grass clippings from sidewalks and parking lots. Trim and/or prune shrubbery. Hedges near apartment units should be at least 5 inches below the window sill. Removal of debris, including dead tree limbs and leaves, in the fall and winter months. The height of the grass cut not to exceed 3 ½ inches. Mowing will to be done every 7 to 10 days, depending on weather conditions.
Monroe Housing Authority properties included in the contract will be: (One bid price to include all properties.)
- Grace Gardens - Hudson, Charles, Green and Maurice Streets
- Willow Oaks - Walk-Up Avenue
- Serenity Place - Jackson, Bragg and West Streets
CARE West Ridge LLC properties included in the contract will be: (Bid price for CARE West Ridge should be listed separately).
- West Ridge - Boyte and Hart Streets including the open field at the end of Hart St.
Prior to commencement of contract, the successful Bidder shall furnish the Housing Authority with Certificates of Insurance showing the following insurance is in force showing Monroe Housing Authority as certificate holder:
- Workers' Compensation in accordance with state and local Workers' Compensation Laws.
- General Liability with combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $300,000.00 per occurrence to protect the Contractor against claims for bodily injury or death and damage to the property of others. This shall cover the use of all equipment and vehicles on the Housing Authority's property.
- 3. Statement of agreement to comply with HUD Section 3 Regulations.
Please be advised that this contract will be governed by Davis Bacon Wage and Hourly Regulations. The successful bidder is required to provide payroll documentation for all workers.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Marissa Stanback, Deputy Director at 704.289.2514.