MHA Tribune April 2019
Monroe Housing Authority
Providing Housing, Community and Opportunity
Find us on Facebook!
A Monthly Publication of Monroe Housing Authority, NC.
View Newsletter Online at MonroeHousing-NC.com
We Can Help Open the Door To Home Ownership
Attend this free information session to learn more about the Mortgage Opportunities provided by Self-Help Credit Union. Information presented by Tina Webb-Bouttry, Mortgage Loan Officer. Sponsored by Self-Help Credit Union.
April 17, 2019 - 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Grace Gardens Community Center 750 Maurice Street Monroe, NC 28210 Refreshments will be provided by Self-Help Credit Union.
Please RSVP no later than Friday April 12, 2019 to: Monroe Housing Authority at 704.289.2514 ext. 30.
Regional & National Scholarships - Apply Now!
Multiple scholarships from regional and national organizations are available for Monroe Housing Authority residents who plan to pursue a secondary education. Please come to the MHA office for details on how to submit your scholarship applications - All entries due May 1, 2019
For more information, please visit MonroeHousing-NC.com/news.
MHA Parking Enforcement
MHA enforces a strict parking policy. All residents with vehicles parked on MHA property must have a parking permit displayed at all times. All cars should pull into a parking space and all vehicles in violation of the Monroe Housing Authority parking policy are subject to being towed.
When you have guests, please remember residents have first priority to parking spaces.
Change is in the Air!
Effective March 1, 2018, MHA is smoke and tobacco free. To get HELP to QUIT, CALL: 1-800-784-8669, VISIT: QuitlineNC.com or EMAIL: Community Wellness.
Front and back of units should be free of any items with the exception of the following:
- Front Porch: Lawn or outdoor chairs (2 max.) and one small outdoor table
- Back: City of Monroe issued trash can if applicable
- Back: One charcoal grill kept at least 10 ft. from building when in use, and placed neatly behind the unit after cooled - Gas grills are prohibited.
- Take all toys inside after playtime.
- Place large trash items and/or discarded furniture on curbside the night before your scheduled trash pickup.
- Keep front and back yards free of trash and debris.
VIOLATIONS & FEES: Please be aware that if you are found to be in violation of any of the above items, you may be fined and your account billed.
Please stop pouring FOG down the drain. Pouring fat, oil, or grease (FOG) down the drain can lead to clogged pipes. Instead of pouring it in the sink, empty it into a can and let it cool. Then throw it away. Please be sure to dispose of your FOG properly.
Grace Gardens Location: 750 Maurice St. Community Room Time: Thursday, April 11th, 2019 at 2pm
Willow Oaks Location: Willow Oaks Community Room Time: Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 at 5pm ' On-site Office Hours: 1-4pm
West Ridge Location: 1201-A Boyte Street Community Room Time: Thursday, April 18th, 2019 at 2pm' On-site Office Hours: 1-4pm
Serenity Place Location: 624 N. Bragg Street Community Room Time: Monday, April 8th, 2019 at 2pm' On-site Office Hours: 1-4pm
April 2019 - Dates to Remember
- April 1st-5th
(No Partial Payments Accepted)
- April 6th
Late Charges Applied
- April 19th
Last Day to Pay Rent
- April 20th
Court Papers Filed
- April 21st
- April 22nd
MHA Phone Directory
- MHA Main Number: 704.289.2514
- Work Orders: ext. 21
- Public Housing: ext. 31
- HCV Program: ext. 30
- Emergency Maintenance: 704.989.5085
MHA Board of Commissioners
- Fannie Young, Chairperson
- Hilda Jones, Vice-Chairperson
- James Mungo
- Justin Woazeah
- Anna McRae, Executive Director
- Donyelle Coalson, Accounting Technician
- Catherine Hart, Administrative Assistant
- Carolyn Canady, HCV Program Manager
- Angel Williams, Property Manager
- Sharon Perkins, HCV Inspector
- Charles Williams, Maint. Supervisor
- Tyrone Drawdy, Maint. Technician
- Bruce Saims, HVAC Maint. Technician