Preventing Evictions: Information for HCV Landlords
Preventing Eviction: Information for HCV Landlords
If your tenant is behind on their portion of rent use these best practices to avoid eviction.
1. Know the current federal, state, and local requirements.
2. Reach out to your tenant(s).
3. Ask if your tenant has r3eported any loss of income to the PHA.
4. Notify the PHA if a tenant falls behind on rent as soon as possible.
5. Set up a repayment agreement if the tenant cannot pay in a lump sum.
6. Offer information about available resources.