MHA Tribune March 2019
Providing Housing, Community and Opportunity
Find us on Facebook!
A Monthly Publication of Monroe Housing Authority, NC.
Regional & National Scholarships - Apply Now!
Multiple scholarships from regional and national organizations are available for Monroe Housing Authority residents who plan to pursue a secondary education. Please come to the MHA office for details on how to submit your scholarship applications - All entries due May 1, 2019.
For more information, please visit MonroeHousing-NC.com/news.
- Front Porch: Lawn or outdoor chairs (2 max.) and one small outdoor table
- Back: City of Monroe issued trash can if applicable
- Back: One charcoal grill kept at least 10 ft. from building when in use, and placed neatly behind the unit after cooled - Gas grills are prohibited.
- Take all toys inside after playtime.
- Place large trash items and/or discarded furniture on curbside the night before your scheduled trash pickup.
- Keep front and back yards free of trash and debris.
VIOLATIONS & FEES: Please be aware that if you are found to be in violation of any of the above items, you may be fined and your account billed.
PARKING VIOLATIONS: All vehicles without Monroe Housing Authority parking permits and all vehicles parked illegally in "No Parking" zones will be towed at the owner's expense. When you have guests, please remember residents have first priority to parking spaces.
Please stop pouring FOG down the drain. Pouring fat, oil, or grease (FOG) down the drain can lead to clogged pipes. Instead of pouring it in the sink, empty it into a can and let it cool. Then throw it away. Please be sure to dispose of your FOG properly.
Grace Gardens Location: 750 Maurice St. Community Room Time: Thursday, March 14th, 2019 at 2pm
Willow Oaks Location: Willow Oaks Community Room Time: Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 at 5pm ' On site Office Hours: 1-4pm
West Ridge Location: 1201 A Boyte Street Community Room Time: Thursday, March 21st, 2019 at 2pm' On site Office Hours: 1-4pm
Serenity Place Location: 624 N. Bragg Street Community Room Time: Monday, March 11th, 2019 at 2pm' On site Office Hours: 1-4pm
MARCH 2019 - Dates to Remember
- March 1st-5th
(No Partial Payments Accepted)
- March 6th
Late Charges Applied
- March 10th
Daylight Savings Time (Spring Forward)
- March 17th
St. Patrick's Day
- March 19th
Last Day to Pay Rent
- March 20th
Court Papers Filed
MHA Phone Directory
- MHA Main Number: 704.289.2514
- Work Orders: ext. 21
- Public Housing: ext. 31
- HCV Program: ext. 30
- Emergency Maintenance: 704.989.5085
MHA Board of Commissioners
- Fannie Young, Chairperson
- Hilda Jones, Vice-Chairperson
- James Mungo
- Justin Woazeah
- Anna McRae, Executive Director
- Donyelle Coalson, Accounting Technician
- Catherine Hart, Administrative Assistant
- Carolyn Canady, HCV Program Manager
- Angel Williams, Property Manager
- Sharon Perkins, HCV Inspector
- Charles Williams, Maint. Supervisor
- Tyrone Drawdy, Maint. Technician
- Bruce Saims, HVAC Maint. Technician